How do I become a member of Grant Memorial?
• Attend our Membership Class, where you will discover the purpose, beliefs, and organization of Grant.
• Be baptized as a believer. We believe God’s Word clearly teaches believer’s baptism. Baptism is a command of our Lord. It is a step of obedience in identifying with Jesus Christ. Grant Memorial promotes baptism by immersion, but people are eligible for membership if they have been baptized as believers by other modes.
• Fill out the Application for Membership form and submit to the church office.
• Meet with two Deacon Board members and a senior staff member. During this informal interview, you’ll have the opportunity to share your faith story and ask any questions you may have about the church, its doctrine, or its programs.
• After the interview, your application is submitted to the Deacon Board for approval. We formally welcome new members during one of our Sunday morning celebration services.
What does it mean to be a member of Grant Memorial?
In addition to the benefits of constituency, membership involves additional opportunities including the legal privilege to vote and hold office as well as mutual commitment and accountability to the church body.