top of page
Summer Ministry Bursary Program
The Summer Ministry Bursary Program is to encourage students who attend Grant Memorial Church to become engaged in some form of summer ministry on a full-time basis. This bursary will help students financially so that they are able to return to school in the fall.
Applications for summer 2023 will be accepted anytime before August 1, 2023.
• Students will receive $25 per week of full-time ministry.
• Bursaries offered will be on a first come, first served basis until the bursary fund is depleted.
• Bursaries are given for a minimum of 2 weeks to a maximum of 16 weeks of full-time ministry (May-August).
• The student must work in the ministry a minimum of 40 hours per week for the specified number of weeks.
• The student must be returning to secondary or post-secondary education in the fall.
• The student must regularly attend Grant Memorial Church.
• Students who receive funding are expected to share their experiences with the church in the fall. This will be explored in collaboration with the student. Examples of what this could include:
• Sharing at a GO Lunch (after church)
• Providing a video testimony
• Writing a letter of thanks to the congregation
Disbursement of Funds
• Bursary fund cheques will be mailed after August 15th.
• Money will be sent to the host ministry.
• Students are still eligible for the bursary while receiving a ministry salary.
• Christian ministries qualifying for the bursary are registered charities such as camps, missions, churches, and para-church ministries.
• Host ministries should be aligned with the theological beliefs and values of GMBC.
Grant Memorial funding levels are subject to change.
bottom of page